We're a bit ahead of some and a bit behind some. But we're getting close to midnight, to 2011. Heard a song on the bus the other day- all about New Year's and all the hope that goes with it. We love the New Year. We seem to have a lot of expectations for bright sparkly pieces of life in the New Year. I'm not big on New Year's resolutions. Never have been. I'm more into making every New Day better... I don't get this right by a long shot- maybe I get it wrong more days than right- but I do think it's something I can live with better than a huge high for the New Year and a huge spurt of energy and then putzing out somewhere (very soon) down the road.
On the other hand, I think I could live with this one! I was introduced to big beautiful pancakes with a dollop of Culver's Frozen Custard and maple syrup when I was in WI. Oh My. Oh Me Oh My. Try it... now there's something that will make 2011 lift off into outer space! ;)

happy new year to you!
ReplyDeletehappy new year! think of you often- hope this year is wonderful for you :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you too.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! I look forward to having pancakes with Culvers and syrup with you when you make it back to WI:)
ReplyDeleteWhen might that be...the WI bit, I mean?
ReplyDelete@Burchibunch- sounds great! ;)
ReplyDelete@Jenny- whee- in about 7 months! :) Wait- ok, the WI bit... not for sure yet on that. The US- July. :)
Happy New Year Anita! Hoping our paths will cross in 2011!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year(Day)to you!! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Anita! I enjoy following along in your world. I'm like Darcie... hoping we get to meet up while you're home. I'd happily host something (t-party or otherwise) if you felt there was time later on.
ReplyDeletemy parents knew all about ice cream on pancakes even before Culvers...we had pancakes every Saturday night ( well most) and you had to end up with ice cream on the last one (s)!!
ReplyDeletei love making resolutions...lists...goals...sometimes they work and help...other times i lose the list!
@Amy- :) Will have to see how it all goes. I have a feeling the time will be packed but I do want to meet the tea people! ;)
ReplyDeleteWow Mj. Just wow! (re the ice cream and pancakes thing. It was new to me.)