Sunday, March 28, 2010

We have a new president. He's interesting, to say the least. We'll hold our judgment (I mean the final judgment of him as a president for now). He's interesting. (Did I already say that?)
He's making nice to the residents of the capital here. They've been mad at the mayor for a long time. There was a lot of snow this year. Now it's melted (mostly)... leaving behind trash trash and more trash. Not to mention all the storm damage from the end of Dec. So a week ago the pres tells the mayor You have 30 days to get the city cleaned up... and until the end of March to get rid of the snow... (it seems that the sun heard and decided to come to the mayor's aid as it showed up on the job shortly thereafter and began melting the snow in a big hurry). So the mayor? He tells the regional directors (or someone) You have until Mar 31 to clean up the city. And sure enough, with a little fear and strong arm involved, it's amazing what can get done. There are brigades of cleaning people out everywhere. There's still plenty of trash mind you... but it's definitely getting better. Now if we can just keep it clean... 

3 comments:

  1. nothing like a little "or else!" to get things done!;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice! Enjoy it while it lasts! Maybe they need an "Adopt a square 10 yards" there, like our "Adopt a highway" here..?? Maybe the new president should think of that?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Twila- I wish they would do something like 'Adopt a highway'... better yet, I wish they'd seriously educate people not to litter. It would make such a difference. Need to do a bit of a follow up on this post, I think.

    ReplyDelete