Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summer!!

It's nearly over. I had great big visions of posting pix sooner, writing a bit- and didn't. I got distracted. Going through pix tonight and trying to find some interesting ones...they're all interesting to me! Let me know what YOU think! ;)
First off- this one's for Wand-errrrr this apron's always a hit. This year, we each picked an animal and named it after each other On a good day, the view out the upstairs windowbut there were a lot of other moments... (this one came with a rainbow- see it? You know what that means... and we had a lot of rain and a lot of storms)more rainbowrun chickie chick chicks... there's surely another storm comingyeah, thought so...pretty eh? you should see what the ground looked like...uh-huh...we had 3 hail storms this day; the last one produced big onesthey looked like cloves of garlic... these went into the freezer to show Dad laterthere were plenty (you've never seen hail, proly... right? right?)afterwards, clearing up a bit... but another one on the waymade for interesting skiesok- there was more than storms happening... we did a lot of this... and it was quite nice, thanksand some of this! Yes, that's the paddle from the middle of an ice cream-maker... and in fact, Phyllis is cleaning this one off... what's a person to do when they hand it to you, plunk? There's only one right answer...and P got it right! then there was the weekend. We were on the bus when this lovely equine specimen pulled up and patiently waited while his people had a chit-chat with someone. This is typical harness for horses in Northern Ukr; further south, there's no collar involved- just the leather.after the horse and the bus ride, we waited for someone near a coffee/ice cream/dessert stand... another situation where you have to make sure to do the right thing...yes, I think we're figuring it out!indeed we are! (that kid on the right? freshman univ student in Kyiv this fall... this just isn't right... she was about 2 inches tall when I came to Ukr... well OK- maybe 6 inches... or 10... but not very tall...at all... where does the time go?!)ah yes... then there's Murka. She's a good kitty... really...but twice we had a little incident wherein Murka-the-Good snuck inside at night. Both times she got royally chewed out by Someone... Me, in fact. So she did this.Both times. She brought me a mouse and made sure I saw it. And when I petted her, let her know I saw it, she took it off and... well, we can only assume what she did...
but I imagine it cu-RUNCH-ed and then we came to the wire... a phone call... someone's coming to sleep in this bed... soon...but that wasn't the worst of it... oh no. This bed's person was en route, too. Yikes. Boogie. I did. (and everyone had a bed by nightfall...)and then there was this sunset as I headed back across the road for the umpteenth time lugging something or other. :):)ah yes- this one has me wrapped around her wee little finger... how about those bows, eh? We nearly have the same name... not quite but almost... only she looks good in a hat and bows... heh... and then there was this... the apron... the pic is for his wife, actually... both wives should be impressed, really...and if you like potatoes (we DO, we DO) then you must peel potatoesI loved this view and the windows and door framing itMoving South
We have a combine in the wheat fieldyes, we dowhat I was trying to get but missed was the man with the pitchfork walking behind the combine periodically removing the chaff from the combine's belly. Never seen that before... (he was just glad it was a small field, he was)and then back north...
this was my across-the-aisle-neighbor on the bus I can't imagine having led a life as hard as hers must have been and still have to haul around on public transportation... she sat down and conked out... and stayed that way for a good long time.
and then there was the train ride with this little monkey-shine. She and her mom were there when we got there. Kids usually don't make for a good train trip but this one was good as gold.she was a doll... and everyone knew it!
there are more...a lot more...but this is enough for tonight. g'night!

3 comments: